Become a Volunteer
AMA Puget Sound is a non-profit volunteer-led organization, and we are only as strong as those willing to commit to lead. Past board members will tell you that being a Chapter leader has been a fulfilling volunteer commitment, professionally and personally. In addition to enlarging your professional network within the Puget Sound region and nationally, AMA Puget Sound volunteer participation will also offer you the chance to hone your leadership skills.
- Regular attendance to AMAPS events and meetings
- Commitment to communicating with fellow volunteers
- Complete the responsibilities outlined in the job description and commitment agreement
- Grow your professional network throughout the Puget Sound and across the country
- Further develop your marketing and leadership skills
- Help build a marketing community within the Puget Sound
- Personal promotion on the AMA Puget Sound site [link: board page]
- Recognition at events as an AMA Puget Sound Volunteer
- Discount pricing to annual MarketMix conference
- Free admission to workshops, parties, breakfasts, and luncheons
- Opportunity to represent organization with media and at speaking engagements
- After 6 months of active service, you will get a LinkedIn recommendation from a Chapter leader
Why Your Boss Should Care
The benefits that you reap as a volunteer, translates to your boss and company.
- By growing your network, you are growing your company’s buyer base.
- By developing your marketing skills, your marketing campaigns will have a higher ROI.
- By helping build a marketing community, you are helping grow a network of contacts.
- Design Manager (Committee Role)
- Chief Operations Officer (Board Role)
- President-Elect (Board Role)
- Chief Financial Officer (Board Role)
- VP Business Development (Board Role)
- DEI Programming Manager (Committee Role)
- VP Programming (Board Role)
- Job Board Manager (Committee Role)
- Surveys Manager (Committee Role)
- Speaker Manager (Committee Role)
- Alumni Manager (Committee Role)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete the form below. A volunteer liaison will be in touch within 3 business days to discuss next steps. Until then, thank you for your interest and commitment to AMA Puget Sound.