College AMA Chapters
Students: Serious about a marketing career? See how a collegiate AMA membership can help you get started.
If you are exploring a career in marketing, then it is time to recognize that the AMA – the world’s largest association of marketing professionals – is a valuable key to your marketing success. There are currently 390 college AMA chapters and 14,000 student members across North America taking advantage of membership in marketing’s premier professional organization.
Participation in the collegiate chapter on your campus is an integral part of the AMA experience. Involvement in activities, committees, and service as an officer will provide practical marketing, advertising, management, promotion, and financial planning experience – an experience that increases your value in today’s competitive job environment.
As an AMA student member, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with AMA Puget Sound professional members, whether it’s attending AMA Puget Sound events at a discount (all student tickets are $10), volunteering or participating in our mentorship program.
Become a Student AMA Member
Collegiate Membership is for full-time students only, who are not working full-time. Annual dues are $50 and membership comes with access to an incredible array of opportunities, resources, and events. Collegiate members receive one-year of the professional membership for free, after graduating with an Undergraduate degree.
Here’s a sampling:
- Discounts on marketing publications such as Marketing News, Collegiate Connection, Journal of Marketing, and Marketing Management to name a few.
- Access to AMA.org resources, the AMA Member Career Center, an invitation to the International AMA Collegiate Conference
- Specialty conference, seminar and workshop access at discounted rates
- Listing in the globally-accessed online AMA Member Roster
- Leadership opportunities that look great on a resume: manage finances, people, projects, and deadlines
- Win Annual Chapter Awards that recognize outstanding collegiate chapters and faculty advisors for their work and service
The following are collegiate chapters that are affiliated with AMA Puget Sound, and at a higher level, AMA National.
The wide-scale influence yielded by the Michael G. Foster School of Business (University of Washington) holds us accountable for exceeding the performance of the previous years’ operations. We focus on providing students with valuable experiences and a network to utilize throughout their careers.