Become a Volunteer
AMA Puget Sound is a 501(c)3 non-profit volunteer-led organization, and we are only as strong as those willing to commit to lead. Past board members will tell you that being a Chapter leader has been a fulfilling volunteer commitment, professionally and personally. In addition to enlarging your professional network within the Puget Sound and nationally, volunteer participation will also offer you the chance to hone your leadership skills.
- Regular attendance to AMAPS events and meetings
- Commitment to communicating with fellow volunteers
- Complete the responsibilities outlined in the job description and commitment agreement
- Board members are to represent AMAPS at American Marketing Association’s Regional Retreat and Leadership Summit. (transportation, hotel, and ticket paid for by Chapter)
- Further develop your marketing and leadership skills
- Geek out with fellow marketers about marketing
- Shape the activities, processes, and programs offered by the Chapter
- Help grow the marketing community within the Puget Sound
- Grow your network throughout Puget Sound and nationally
- Recognition on the Leadership Page
- Recognition at events as an AMA Puget Sound Volunteer
- Free admission to all Chapter events, including the premier MarketMix conference
- Opportunity to represent the organization at non-Chapter events
- Be a guest on AMA Puget Sound’s Coffee Talk Series
Why Your Boss Should Care
The benefits that you reap as a volunteer, translates to your boss and company.
- By growing your network, you are growing your company’s buyer base.
- By developing your marketing skills, your marketing campaigns will have a higher ROI.
- By helping build a marketing community, you are helping grow a network of contacts.
Open roles (by need):
- VP Communications (Board of Directors)
- VP Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (Board of Directors)
- President (Executive Leadership, 2-year term)
- President-Elect (Executive Leadership, 3-year term)
- VP Business Development (Board Role)
- Speaker Manager (Programming Committee)
- Chief Technology Officer (Board of Directors)
- PR Manager (Communications Committee)
- CMO Relations Manager (Membership Committee)
- Alumni Manager (Volunteer Committee)
- WordPress Manager (Communications Committee)
- Content Creator (blog or YouTube)
Have Questions? Check out our FAQ.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete the form below. A volunteer liaison will be in touch within 3 business days. Job descriptions are available upon request. Thank you for your interest and commitment to AMA Puget Sound.